Adding a Smart Group into a Scope in Policies

rdeleon
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you can assist me on this matter. I'm trying to setup Nudge and I'm going with option 2 on the GItHub site. My question is, how do I add a Smart Group into a Scope? The only options I have are All Computers or Specific Computers? I was trying to attach a photo to this post as an example but community.jamf.com website is not letting me upload a screenshot.

I hope this made sense. 

Thanks,

Rony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

When the policy scope is set to Specific Computers, you should see an "+ Add" button on the far right. Click that and on the view that appears there will be a series of tabs. One of them is Computer Groups. Click that and then you can pick your Smart Computer Group or groups to add. You should see "Add" buttons on the far right of each row for the corresponding group. Click those to add them in and when done, click "Done". You can use the search field or just scroll the list until you find the group you want to add.

if for some reason you don't see any of this, you'll need to check permissions to make sure your account isn't restricted in some way, though I don't think there's a way to enter Edit mode for a policy and then not be able to change the Scope.

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 2.06.53 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

When the policy scope is set to Specific Computers, you should see an "+ Add" button on the far right. Click that and on the view that appears there will be a series of tabs. One of them is Computer Groups. Click that and then you can pick your Smart Computer Group or groups to add. You should see "Add" buttons on the far right of each row for the corresponding group. Click those to add them in and when done, click "Done". You can use the search field or just scroll the list until you find the group you want to add.

if for some reason you don't see any of this, you'll need to check permissions to make sure your account isn't restricted in some way, though I don't think there's a way to enter Edit mode for a policy and then not be able to change the Scope.

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 2.06.53 PM.png

rdeleon
New Contributor III

Thanks so much. I'm not sure how I missed that.