Adding Applications to Policies in Jamf Cloud

paul135
New Contributor

When I am adding pkgs uploaded from Jamf Admin (local network distribution point) I then go to add the application to a policy, but for some reason the application will add twice sometimes or the interface will freeze. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mking529
Contributor

Are you by chance logging into the Jamf Pro web interface with Google Chrome? If so try Safari or Firefox. I Just had this issue and switched from Chrome to Firefox and things are working as they should.

I'm wondering if something changed in Chrome or an extension I have because I have not encountered this until today.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mking529
Contributor

Are you by chance logging into the Jamf Pro web interface with Google Chrome? If so try Safari or Firefox. I Just had this issue and switched from Chrome to Firefox and things are working as they should.

I'm wondering if something changed in Chrome or an extension I have because I have not encountered this until today.

brettw
New Contributor II

I have this issue too. It seems to come and go for me. Using Jamf Cloud. I switched to Firefox (60.7.2esr) and everything works properly again.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

There are some performance issues with the latest version of Google Chrome apparently, specifically when using Jamf Pro. It's been mentioned by a few others on other discussion threads. Firefox isn't perfect, but I've been using that as my "Jamf Pro" browser now for a while and it's generally stable and works well with it, so I would recommend giving it a try.
I gave up on Safari long ago because of terrible performance issues with it when using the Jamf Pro UI.

mking529
Contributor

Indeed. I honestly miss using Firefox as my primary browser but it's just so dang slow. And not like "omg 10 extra milliseconds the horror!" but multi-second, I can watch things render, beachballs-on-brand-new-Macs slow.