Adding/Editing Extension Attribute Templates: Where? How?

straffin
New Contributor III

Are Jamf Pro Extension Attribute Templates something we can modify locally? If so, where and how? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Regardless of me explaining of how to use a template or modifying one. Either way, you can't create a template. You can only add and not enable it to make it a "template" style EA. The goes the same for the built-in ones.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

You can add in any Extension Attributes in Settings > Computer Management > Extension Attributes.
These will be your own custom scripts that you can edit as required.

If you hunt around here in Jamf Nation you will find many custom EA's that you can use. 

I'm not asking how to add an Extension Attribute. I'm asking how to add an Extension Attribute Template.

There are certain formatting standards we'd like to maintain in all of our EA scripts and having a template with those headers, variables, etc. already included would be very helpful. There's also many existing templates that we will never use and I'd like to remove them from the list.

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Hi, you're asking 2 things here, in your original question you asked if you can modify the built-in Jamf Pro EA Template. Then on your second post, you asked if you can add an EA Template. You can add an EA but you can't make it a template. The best you can do is create the EA and not enable it. But, to your original question, you can modify the built in Jamf EA template. You go to  Extension Attributes in Settings > Computer Management > Extension Attributes, then select New From Template. But, once you modify it, it's no longer a template. 

The subject of my post is "Adding/Editing Extension Attribute Templates...". Thought that covered both pretty well.

What you're explaining is simply using a template, not modifying one.

Thanks, though.

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Regardless of me explaining of how to use a template or modifying one. Either way, you can't create a template. You can only add and not enable it to make it a "template" style EA. The goes the same for the built-in ones.

"You can't create a template" is the answer I was looking for. Thanks! 🙂

(That's a shame, though... seems like a lost opportunity...)

straffin
New Contributor III

"You can't create a template" is the answer I was looking for. Thank you! 🙂

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

You're welcome. Yeah it is an oversight. I just create an EA and not enable it to save it as a "template".