Adding image to Self Service

Chuey
Contributor III

This is my first post here on JAMF Nation Discussions so thank you in advance for looking at my post. Currently our self service is set up so you have to login to download anything. I wanted to create an image and put in place of the "No Self Service Items are Available" this way users do not get confused. I was wondering if this was possible.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

Hi and Welcome to the JAMFNation!
Changing the page belonging to that status msg is located at:
*nix: /usr/local/jss/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/frontend/osxselfservice/noPolicies.jsp
osx:
/Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/frontend/osxselfservice/noPolicies.jsp

you will want to change this part of that file:

<div class="featuredAppRow clearfix">
    <h1 class="copySpace">No Self Service Items are available</h1>
</div>

Although this can be changed i'd caution against it because upon every update to the JSS this page will default to the standard page, you'll have to script it to change to yours or manually change it.
- RD

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

Hi and Welcome to the JAMFNation!
Changing the page belonging to that status msg is located at:
*nix: /usr/local/jss/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/frontend/osxselfservice/noPolicies.jsp
osx:
/Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/frontend/osxselfservice/noPolicies.jsp

you will want to change this part of that file:

<div class="featuredAppRow clearfix">
    <h1 class="copySpace">No Self Service Items are available</h1>
</div>

Although this can be changed i'd caution against it because upon every update to the JSS this page will default to the standard page, you'll have to script it to change to yours or manually change it.
- RD

Chuey
Contributor III

Wow, thank you for the quick response. I appreciate your help very much.

-MC

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Yep... I tend to leave a policy called "Placeholder" as a permanently "Featured Item". When all of the other featured items are gone all my users see is our schools logo.