Adobe Creative Cloud -- load on Login Configuration Profile

DebstepFRB
New Contributor III

Does anyone know how to create a configuration profile to make sure users are have the preference setting to load CCD on Logon ?  

DebstepFRB_0-1687881382267.png

We have users that have unchecked the preference and need to make sure the CCD app loads on logon in order to do the updates. This is especially important on Ventura.
Thank you for any advice 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Maybe something like this?

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 12.51.39 PM.png

View solution in original post

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

• If you want RUM to support updates for Adobe Reader and Acrobat, you'll need to have this agent on the Mac endpoints. https://armmf.adobe.com/arm-updates/mac/ARMDC/ARM_update/ARMDC Agent Installer.pkg

• You could also use Jamf Installers to update Adobe Reader too. But test Acrobat: The .XML file configuration may change and alter your desired settings.

• For particular apps you want to update, you check this page so you have the proper application and syntax. https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/apps-deployed-without-base-versions.html

• You can test this. If you open terminal, enter the lines below. This will download any available updates for Photoshop, then install it. But Photoshop has to be on the endpoint first.

sudo /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager --action=download --productVersions=PHSP

sudo /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager --action=install --productVersions=PHSP

• If you want to Hail Mary it all and tell all your endpoints to use RUM and get all updates for any installed Adobe Products, it'd look something like this in Jamf:

1. Click Computers

2. Policies

3. New Policy

4. Go to File & Processes payload

5. Configure

6. Under Execute Command, enter this: sudo /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager --action=download;sudo /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager --action=install

7. Test first. If you don't use a caching server it may take awhile for clients to get all updates.

Good luck. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Maybe something like this?

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 12.51.39 PM.png

DebstepFRB
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply  obi-k !   that is a good idea (and i will try it ) but I don't think that will change the settings in the app itself ... and I think those settings affect how the updates get handled ... maybe that would allow the Creative Cloud Desktop to run and update itself ... but I think that it may still not update ? 

I see multiple places where a setting seems to be stored for the load on logon .... 
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ccxprocess.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/com.adobe.acc.default.prefs 
I am going to try to look at what all changes when those settings are changed by the user using FSMonitor 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Maybe I read what you wanted incorrectly. If you want to keep the Adobe apps updated, you can use Adobe RUM in the background. This way it doesn’t matter if they unchecked that box in Adobe CC. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/using-remote-update-manager.html

DebstepFRB
New Contributor III

We are implementing using RUM. Rum only updates the applications inside CCD I believe ?  I need to keep those preferences checked so the CCD app updates itself    -- and then any applications inside that are checked to auto update as well ... 

Thank You for following through with assistance !! 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Sure. Some notes:

• Adobe RUM updates dot versions. So for example, Photoshop 17.1, 17.2, 17.3. Once 18 drops, you’ll have to deploy the upgrade or have users manage it in CCD. 

• I tend to go to the Adobe Portal and grab the latest Adobe CC update when it comes out. The client takes a bit to update on their own so I push it as well. 

• Use both Adobe RUM and allow users to manage auto-updates, if your organization allows. You can get granular with your Adobe RUM updates. You can just update Illustrator or InDesign. Or you can deploy a one-liner in Jamf’s File & Processes payload to update all Adobe products on the endpoint. Up to you. 

DebstepFRB
New Contributor III

thanks OB-K.

Yes, I am tweaking using all the methods you describe above. 
Would you mind describing what you do when you push the updates for a particular app.. or a new version for the new app ( for app that have an new year in the name or for Acrobat ).   Acrobat especially ... 
Thank you once again for your help 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Sure. I’ll take some screenshots tomorrow. Acrobat and Reader has their agent that needs to be on the client before RUM can update those two apps. 

For the major upgrades, like Adobe Photoshop 2025 as an example, you’d have to go to the Adobe Portal and package it. You can also have your users upgrade it themselves, again, if you allow it. 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

• If you want RUM to support updates for Adobe Reader and Acrobat, you'll need to have this agent on the Mac endpoints. https://armmf.adobe.com/arm-updates/mac/ARMDC/ARM_update/ARMDC Agent Installer.pkg

• You could also use Jamf Installers to update Adobe Reader too. But test Acrobat: The .XML file configuration may change and alter your desired settings.

• For particular apps you want to update, you check this page so you have the proper application and syntax. https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/apps-deployed-without-base-versions.html

• You can test this. If you open terminal, enter the lines below. This will download any available updates for Photoshop, then install it. But Photoshop has to be on the endpoint first.

sudo /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager --action=download --productVersions=PHSP

sudo /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager --action=install --productVersions=PHSP

• If you want to Hail Mary it all and tell all your endpoints to use RUM and get all updates for any installed Adobe Products, it'd look something like this in Jamf:

1. Click Computers

2. Policies

3. New Policy

4. Go to File & Processes payload

5. Configure

6. Under Execute Command, enter this: sudo /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager --action=download;sudo /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager --action=install

7. Test first. If you don't use a caching server it may take awhile for clients to get all updates.

Good luck. 

DebstepFRB
New Contributor III

back to my original post on this topic: 

DebstepFRB_0-1688054014032.png

Does anyone know how to force these settings for all users for the Creative Cloud Desktop app? 
Thanks in advance