Adobe Creative Suite 4

Not applicable

Hey All,

Has anyone tried to make a package for Adobe Creative Suite 4? I know that the "New Adobe Install" was implemented to make our lives easier, but would it be compatible with CS4? I do know there are now two Application discs for the Design Premium suite. I never created any packages for CS3, so any info would be awesome.

Rob
--
Rob Gaudreau
Technology Support Analyst
Colgate University
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346
Email: rgaudreau at mail.colgate.edu
Phone: 315.228.7903
Cell: 315.225.0575

2 REPLIES 2

ernstcs
Contributor III

Although the capability doesn't exist in the current release of the Casper Suite, it will soon I'm sure.

In my experience, actually making a traditional package of the suite has been the largest pain in the butt, and I would highly recommend using the tools provided from JAMF.

I'm not sure how it's dictated who can get at them, but if you can use Adobe's ESD (Electronic Software Download) you can download full single DMG images of the different suites. We always purchase one copy of Master Collection, download the DMG for that, and use it (just deploying the components we license like a Design Premium bundle) and use the Master Collection serial number for deployment everywhere so there are no conflicts with serialization if we added software later.

I have all this media, but have not had time to try anything at this point. I'm also not certain what has changed in the process so for all I know...history means nothing.

Craig E

talkingmoose

Adobe also has a Deployment Toolkit for CS4 (Mac and Windows). It's free to
On 10/30/08 7:30 AM, "Rob Gaudreau" <rgaudreau at mail.colgate.edu> wrote:
CLP licensed customers but TLP licensed customers must pay for it. No idea
what Adobe charges for it.

It allows you to pre-enter your serial number and suppress things like the
EULA, Registration and updates.

It works similar to QuarkXPress and other applications in that it simply
creates a mini-installer with an XML file for a silent install. It does no
re-packaging of content, which sucks. They have the audacity to call it
"AdobeUberInstaller".

I would hope JAMF could license the Toolkit from Adobe because this is the
only Adobe-endorsed method for mass deployment that I've seen so far.

--

bill

William M. Smith, Technical Analyst
MCS IT
Merrill Communications, LLC
(651) 632-1492