Adobe CS6: Failed to Download Files

johnnasset
Contributor

Greetings Nation,
We have an Adobe CS6 package put into the JSS some time ago and has been installed in the past successfully via Self Service and Casper Remote. When attempting to install this package to a machine recently, we get the following error:

Failed to download files from https://xxx.xxx.org/CasperShare/Packages/Adobe_CS6_Install.pkg/index.bom

I've tried this on a few different machines, forced over AFP, etc but no luck. I can still install other pkg and dmg files to the same machines. I also tried deleting the package from the file shares and re-adding as I didn't have a checksum on the original but no go. Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

ahopkins
New Contributor II

I have been having a lot of issues with this... I don't know if this is the correct way, but it seems to be working....

1. Downloaded the Application Installer (AAMEE).
  2. In Composer I did a snapshot before, then installed AAMEE, and another snapshot, and made it a DMG
  3. In Casper Admin I added the AAMEE Package.
  4. Create a policy to "INSTALL" the program. CS6 needs this program running for it to work. This is a small package, so it installs quickly.
  5. I then used AAMEE and created separate install packages for each part of CS6, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (This is what we put on our student computers).
  6. I then did separate snapshots for each install. Creating a separate package for each part of CS6.
  7. Create a policy to "CACHE" the package. (I did each package in a separate policy)
  8. After the Install was complete. I created a separate policy to "INSTALL CACHE" and made that available self service.

This seems to be working for us. I could not get the whole package to install at one time. Remote Desktop also works but it takes a long time too.