Adobe Flash- Always Enable in Sierra?

jared_f
Valued Contributor

Hi All!

In Sierra anytime a user needs to use Flash in Safari it will pop up an error and the error must be clicked to "ok" flash for that webpage. I am not looking forward to having request to install Flash on a system when it is really there. Does anybody know of a way to disable this. I was thinking about writing a script because I cannot find it anywhere in Safari preferences of system preferences. Also, downloaded PDF's are opening in the Web Browser. . . not purview. Does anybody know how to fix that also?

Thanks,
Jared

3 REPLIES 3

boberito
Valued Contributor

This seems to be more of a Safari 10.0 thing, I'm on El Capitan and same thing. I've also already started to see that....so I'm looking for answers too.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

@boberito I am going to look into maybe copying Safari over from El Capitan and putting it on Sierra and see if that "fixes" the problem. I don't think Sierra will allow me but, it is worth a try. I am thinking about just installing Chrome on machines too now.

pcrandom
Contributor

Copying Safari.app from El Capitan to Sierra will not change the configuration, which is set in com.apple.Safari.plist in an account's ~/Library/Preferences folder. You'd want to create a configuration profile to set the plug-in settings how you want it. I'm still new at it, but it's doable. See this post by @bvrooman for example.