Adobe installation failing

aarond
Contributor

We used to package up adobe CC apps from the adobe admin console, pull the PKG from the build folder, and throw that into jamf pro - it installed fine.

Now when we do the same process it fails most of the time, but not always.

One of the failures shows the below error. Same policy is still successful in a few instances.

Anyone else had trouble recently with adobe CC app installation?

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Error - the package path specified was invalid: '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads/Illustrator - Managed_Install.pkg.unzip/Illustrator - Managed_Install.pkg'.

4 REPLIES 4

Senthil_kumar
New Contributor II

Yes, we are experiencing the same issue on the self-service application, where users are attempting to install the Adobe CC PKG and failing most of the time. We don't know what the specific issue is.

jphillips
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We are having the same issue with our 2022 packages. I came across a random Adobe support page that mentioned CC packages could have certificates that expire. I recreated one of the installers and it successfully installed on a machine that was previously failing.

So, now I'm going through my packages and recreating them.

I wondered about that but in my first test with a new package it still failed.

I'll try again with a fresh policy this time.

aarond
Contributor

After repackaging one of the apps I have a 75% success rate. Better, but still unsure why there is some failure.