Advanced Searches: Permissions Denied

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Before I make a support ticket can anyone verify for me?
Jamf pro version 10.9
I have techs with group permissions, and each is a member of two groups:
one group is for All techs, not site based and i have
Create, Update, and read all checked:
Advanced Computer Searches Advanced Mobile Device Searches Advanced User Searches Advanced VPP Content Searches

Then another site based group for techs in their building and have
Create, Update, Read and Delete all checked.
Techs are in the All tech and also their building group and now cannot create new advanced searches, permission denied. Computers and iOS both
I know sometimes there are additional permissions required but I'm not seeing anything. We upgraded to 10.9 over winter break

7 REPLIES 7

MLBZ521
Contributor III

We just noticed something similar today, on Jamf Pro v10.8.0.

We have some groups with Read permissions for ALL items, and then Create, Update, and Delete for Advanced Searches, but when they click new, they get access denied. However, they can open and view, edit, and delete an advanced search.

Giving the group the Create permission for Computers, however, resolves the issue.

Example:

80b54c25f4c04939ae691df44d1a7b3a

scottb
Honored Contributor

FWIW, @Sandy @MLBZ521 seeing this as well. Using a JumpCloud LDAP group.
Using the idea above from @MLBZ521 did fix it. But is this a bug or "as designed"?

MLBZ521
Contributor III

@Sandy @scottb

Just an FYI, I finally submitted this bug to Jamf and it is a known and issue with a Priority of Major [PI-006633: Cannot Create Advanced Computer Search without "Create" checked for Computers].

No ETA for resolution at this time..

benducklow
Contributor III

It looks like this got resolved in 10.13, but is not listed in the list in the release notes. (I contacted Jamf support and got that response). Thanks @Sandy for posting the question and @MLBZ521 for sharing the PI.

MLBZ521
Contributor III

No problem!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@benducklow it isn't listed in the Known Issues list so prolly resolved...unfortunately we're not at 10.13 so can't verify:

Jamf Pro Known Issues

--
https://donmontalvo.com

benducklow
Contributor III

Yeah, I reached out to my TAM/Jamf Buddy and confirmed that PI-006633 was resolved in Jamf Pro v10.13. I gave them feedback and they added it to the Bug Fixes and Enhancements page :)

26510a85e6594f2b8759dd4463781940