After installing JamfPro v10 the Icons in Self Service no longer load

jerdill
New Contributor III

I just upgraded our environment to use the new version 10.1 of Jamf Pro. After doing that all the icons we had configured for Self-Service Icons no longer load. As a test I went to one policy and reconfigured the icon again but that didn't have any effect.

The policy name displays and there is just an empty white box where the icon would normally be. If this helps the JAMF icon in the top bar doesn't even load, It just has the black box and says "Self Service" but no icon next to that with the JAMF branding logo either.

6 REPLIES 6

jerdill
New Contributor III

Quick update: I just enrolled a fresh machine into the JSS using a new enrollment package I created to test. That machine has the Self Service icons show up as expected. I also tested a few other machines that were previously enrolled and the icon issue is hit and miss. A few of them show the icons as expected but others have the problem where the icons won't show up. Is there a client side cache that needs to be cleared perhaps on these problem computers? I already rebooted one to see if that would help but it did not.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yes, you'll likely need to delete the local cache for Self Service on these systems. See this post for the location of the cache. Delete while SS is closed and relaunch to see if the icons comes back.
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/11976/self-service-login-page#responseChild69154

jerdill
New Contributor III

I went to /Users/[username]/Library/Caches/ and deleted the whole folder for "com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac"

I then relaunched the self-service app and that folder was recreated, but the icons still aren't showing as expected. Is there also a global cache that isn't user specific maybe? I logged in as another user on the same mac and the icons don't show under a different user either.

michael_ferguso
New Contributor

@jerdill Did you ever resolve this? seeing the same thing after jamf 10 upgrade

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Just built a Dev Jamf Pro 10.2.1 box and I'm seeing this same behavior. Deleting the cache files/folder listed above didn't help.

Knoxx
New Contributor II

We are seeing the same issue after upgrading to Jamf 10. Not only are the icons and display missing from Self Service .. but they are also missing from the policies if JSS (Under self service tab). I can up load new icons and set Display name - but all existing Self Service info is lost.