Anyone Else Getting - No Logs for this Policy.

joelee
New Contributor

When I go to my policy and click on the log button, it is showing as c81f481a43d6480681f34b636beb0265

14 REPLIES 14

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Are there computers in scope, and do you have a trigger defined? What does jamf.log from an affected client show?

joelee
New Contributor

Yes the computers are in scope. The logs were all populated last week. The majority of our policies so No logs for this policy. Even the ones scoped for DEP which should have at least 100 computers in there.

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Is the policy running but logs are not populating, or is it not running in the first place? Please share the policy configuration.
What does jamf.log from an affected client show?

pruokis
New Contributor III

We're seeing this with our JSS post-upgrade (cloud hosted, us-east-1) - the device records are showing new policy activity in history, but all existing policy logs now show no activity. We have a support case open. Interestingly, a newly created policy behaves as expected, logging in both the device policy history and in the policy log. This does not appear to be a client-facing issue - Self Service works fine and policies ARE executing successfully.

Does Jamf Remote still work? That's another disconnect we're seeing - Jamf Remote thinks that the JSS is not valid.

Currently awaiting feedback from Cloud Operations.

pruokis
New Contributor III

Followup:

HQ came back with reference to two specific device records and instructions to click Edit, then Save in the User & Location for each record - no clue on the root cause, but doing that procedural dance restored everything to normal.

Open up a support case and let them know you're seeing the issue - you should hopefully find a similarly quick resolution.
Good luck!

awoodbury
Contributor
Contributor

@joelee, which version of Jamf are you running?

joelee
New Contributor

10.20.1-t1584039255

joelee
New Contributor

Looks like we got upgraded on us-east-1 March 28 at 0400 UTC March 28 at 1700 UTC

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Ah, Jamf Cloud. I'm planning to update our on-prem instance to 10.20.1 so will watch this carefully regardless.

awoodbury
Contributor
Contributor

@joelee Thanks, we're running 10.19 on-prem.

jhamil50
New Contributor III

I'm having this same problem with an on-prem installation of 10.20.1, and I hope it's responsible for a few other disruptive bugs we're noticing as well. The dashboard that appears after logging into my account only shows one policy before an indefinite spinning progress bar appears, and similarly, I've also had a couple policies not even load. Saving a computer group also displays "An error occurred while saving the changes."

landonletzkus
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Seeing the same issues here. Standard Cloud 10.20.1 (Began after the upgrade to 10.20.1). I'm also seeing the dashboard issue described by @jhamil50 above - if any policy is added to the dashboard, the whole page just spins forever. If I remove all policies from the Dashboard, it displays Smart Groups and Patch Reporting without issue.

swaldman
New Contributor

Worked with Jamf as we were seeing this as well, and found that it was due to 2 computers in our fleet that were assigned to invalid user objects. If you are seeing this and are not on Jamf 10.21 yet, it might be related to PI-008061. Jamf gave us a MySQL command to check which machines are assigned to invalid users, and repairing those 2 computer records resolved it.

segan
New Contributor II

Same thing happened to us after upgrading our on-prem instance to 10.20.1, strangely it was also 2 computers that were assigned to invalid user objects after running the MySQL command from Jamf Support.