Anyone got a working 10.7.2 image?

nkalister
Valued Contributor

I'm using the same methods as I did with 10.7.1 but the results are not as successful:

1. Upload the installESD.dmg to the caspershare
  2. Tell casper the dmg file is an OS installer
  3. Create a new config with no management, the installESD.dmg and the java installer only.
  4. Compile that config.
  5. Grab the compiled DMG, copy it locally
  6. Delete the configuration I just compiled, re-upload the compiled DMG to casper.
  7. Set up a new configuration with the same packages as used in my working 10.7.1 configuration using the compiled DMG as the OS install.
  8. Image a drive and boot to it, then watch as it successfully binds to AD (Yay!) and runs the casper first boot script and reboots again.
  9. Have a sad face when it continues to run the casper first boot script when any user logs in on every subsequent boot.

Anyone else running into this?
--
Nick Kalister
Desktop Engineering
Hitachi Data Systems
Office: 408.970.4316

750 Central Expressway
Building 32 : M/S 3240
Santa Clara, CA 95050

3 REPLIES 3

Matt
Valued Contributor

The only way I can get Lion Images to work is by Re-Compiling from scratch.

--
Matt Lee, CCA/ACA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDT
Senior IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper Administrator
Fox Networks Group

golbiga
Contributor III
Contributor III

I just tested my new 10.7.2 image and it worked great (AD Included!). Is there anything that you are prompting in your workflow to be installed on first boot?

Thanks
Allen

nkalister
Valued Contributor

Yes, most of my packages install on first boot- McAfee security, MS Office, Flash . . . This wasn't a problem with the same installer packages and 10.7.1.
I just finished trying a fully compiled image- the first boot process still runs on every boot and under any account login.
nick
--
Nick Kalister
Desktop Engineering
Hitachi Data Systems
Office: 408.970.4316

750 Central Expressway
Building 32 : M/S 3240
Santa Clara, CA 95050