Our Wifi 802.1x config profile installed by the JSS no longer works with Yosemite and we cannot authenticate to our wifi network.
If we remove the profile from the mac, authentication and connection works just fine from the menu bar.
Ive opened a ticket w/Apple enterprise support, but was curious if anyone else had seen this?
I saw an issue like this around the time of Dev Preview 2 or 3 when we were still on JSS v9.32; the profile would deploy but the OS just would not recognize it in the 802.1x profile settings and wifi would never connect. Once we upgraded to JSS v9.4 the issue was resolved. We're still planning our upgrade to 9.6, and I imagine that's fine too since that's the only version of the JSS that officially supports Yosemite. What JSS version are you running?
In https://support.apple.com/kb/HT6535 it states:
Description: An attacker could have impersonated a WiFi access point, offered to authenticate with LEAP, broken the MS-CHAPv1 hash, and used the derived credentials to authenticate to the intended access point even if that access point supported stronger authentication methods. This issue was addressed by disabling LEAP by default
Are you requiring LEAP which is now disabled?
We use 802.1x certs and both of my Yosemite test units and they authenticate properly as does the iMac my office. We haven't pushed out 10.10 out in any thing like large scale but I haven't noticed anything wrong.
Well it looks as if the JSS is writing "bad" config files, as I spun up a Yosemite server and profile manager. I created an identical configuration profile, installed on my Yosemite test box and it works.
Opening a ticket with Jamf.
@ooshnoo - I'm seeing the same thing. My 802.1x PEAP Wi-Fi profile that's been working great on 10.7 thru 10.9 no longer works correctly with 10.10. I recreated the profile with Profile Manager and it's working fine. The only difference is that the JSS only lets me choose WPA/WPA2 for authentication type. Profile Manager lets you choose just WPA2 which is what I used.
I doubt this helps as I still don't have any solid recommendations. However, I'm seeing stuff all over the interwebs regarding complaints about wifi issues in general after the upgrade (10.9 to 10.10). It looks like the general comments are pointing to corrupted network preference files. Again, I won't bother being specific as I can't test any of this until we start having replicable issues over our way.