Anyone use Secunia 6?

aamjohns
Contributor II

Hello,
We are supposed to put Secunia on all systems. The University recently went to Secunia 6. I cannot make it work. I wrote them with the error I am getting and they want me to put OpenSSL version 1 or higher on. I am wondering if any of you have been down this road?

Also, I'm getting ready to test but let's say OpenSSL 1+ does fix it. Anybody have a good suggestion for large scale deployment? The best I've found is MacPorts and Xcode.

2 REPLIES 2

aamjohns
Contributor II

Let me add. The intent here is the University has an oversight of the patch status of machines. How secure we are keeping things. If I cannot get Secunia implemented (they have a ticket open with Secunia now), I am wondering if you all are using anything for patch management oversight, etc. For example, Secunia would tell us if we have machine running a version of software that has a known vulnerability. Are others using anything else for this purpose? I saw Munki mentioned. I don't know much about Munki. I need something that would give us a report and highlight systems we need to 'fix'.

aamjohns
Contributor II

In case this applies to anyone I am updating to say the university needed to apply updates on their end and it resolved the issue I was having. The installation of OpenSSL was not necessary.