API GET function only returning one Record in JSON response body

mglenn
New Contributor

XML seems to return data from my report just fine, but JSON (which I'd prefer) does not. I'm trying to consume data from this report in a 3rd party SaaS application and this is proving troublesome. This behavior is consistent across the board in JAMF, my consuming application (ServiceNow) and Postman chrome plugin.

Disclaimer: I'm not a JAMF admin, so I'm not sure what data might be relevant to post here.

external image link

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@mglenn

If it doesn't, please let us know either here or by getting in touch with your Technical Account Manager. You can do that by giving Support a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com (it gets routed directly to their case queue), or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

arschebl
New Contributor

So you're saying that the "/computers" API isn't returning JSON data? If so, i'm having the same problem. What version of JSS are you running? I'm on 9.52.

Thx,

Adam

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@mglenn @arschebl

We had an issue (D-008354) in versions of the JSS prior to 9.65 that caused the output from XML to differ from the JSON output; in those cases, we’d see essentially what’s shown in the screenshots here: JSON output would return partial data, whereas XML would return a full set of data, as expected.

This issue was fixed as of 9.64.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

mglenn
New Contributor

We're currently running 9.62. Our admin is going to request an upgrade to 9.65. Hopefully that fixes the issue

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@mglenn

If it doesn't, please let us know either here or by getting in touch with your Technical Account Manager. You can do that by giving Support a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com (it gets routed directly to their case queue), or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

mglenn
New Contributor

Upgrade to 9.65 resolved this for me. Thank you very much