App Catalog Management

FastGM3
Contributor

I'm just curious how everyone manages their App Catalog in the JSS? For instance I work in a school district with 70+ sites and a lot of sites purchase the same app obviously using different VPP codes. So I'm starting to get 70 iMovie apps in my list as well as many other applications.

Is this what everyone is faced with? Is there an easier way? It would be nice at the very least to group these paid apps by my sites, rather than scroll through a huge list of the same apps. As it is now I can't even tell which app belongs to which site.

Thanks for sharing any ideas or processes you might be using.

Chuck

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Not using the iOS management part of Casper right now, but I do think you can rename the apps as they show up in the AppCatalog to indicate which belong to which site. For example, instead of 10 identical "iMovies", consider renaming the apps when you actually add them in to "SiteA-iMovie" or "iMovie-SiteA" I don't know for sure but I don't think this will affect what actually happens when the end user downloads the app from the App Store since its really just using that URL that gets pulled in; It should still work fine. But at least it will give you some indication of which is which. Not exactly organization, but perhaps better than nothing.

Someone else using the iOS management piece may be able to confirm if that actually works though.