Apple TV Issues

jared_f
Valued Contributor

Hi All!

Hi,

We had an issue with out Apple TV's renaming themselves (adding numbers after name) and we fixed it by creating a separate network and putting a password on the Apple TV to airplay. We distributed both the Network (uninterrupted connection to Apple TV) and Apple TV Password via a profile with a time limit distributed via email or SS when requested. The issue we are having is that when the profile is installed on Macs, it requires the password to be entered the first time. This totally defeats the purpose of us having passwords to connect.

To the point:

Does anybody know of or how to add the password into keychain via a script. If possible, we would bundle the package and script and send it out.

Thanks in advanced,
Jared

1 REPLY 1

tim_rees
Contributor

Hi Jared,

Have a look at the known issues: http://docs.jamf.com/9.96/casper-suite/release-notes/Known_Issues.html

And you will find:

[D-008152] End users are incorrectly prompted for an Airplay password when attempting to Airplay to a device for which an AirPlay password has been specified using an OS X configuration profile.

Thats why it doesn't work...

Anyway, onto your actual issue, I had similar issues with the numbers, by connecting them via ethernet and having no Wi-Fi profile when I used configurator to set them up it went away, no password required! Although, I wonder whether Passcodes would do the same trick as you are finding, instead of passcodes.

Your other option is to make a profile manually that has the password in it, and install that via pkg with a postflight script. Pain in the .... but may work.

Tim