Apple VPP enhacements and awareness of two potential issues

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I've already submitted feedback to Apple and was told to do this via apple.com/feedback. Here’s are two issues that you may run into if you support VPP:

We recently purchased an app OmniGraffle 6. However, when we went to install it through VPP we found it wouldn't installed. It turns out that the link to OmniGraffle 6 had been removed. This used to be the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/omnigraffle-6/id711830901?mt=12&uo=4 Because the link is no longer valid, we cannot install the app anymore and therefore we've essentially paid for an app we cannot install. Apple should not allow a vendor to remove an old app when customers have previously purchased it and may still need to download those versions. It would be great if the app simply became unpublished (cannot be purchased anymore) but was available for download for those who have made valid VPP purchases.
Due to a bunch of internal reasons at OmniGroup, OmniGraffle 7 was released as a free app with in-app purchasing to the Mac App Store. This version is basically a free trial for 2 weeks after which you much purchase a standard ($99) or pro ($199) license in-app only. When you try to purchase this app via VPP, deploy it, open it and try to purchase an upgrade, you receive an error: device licensed app does not support in-app purchase. Please support add in-app purchase support for device-based VPP apps.

Do note, I've already reached out to OmniGroup and Apple so I'm not necessary asking for advice but more so spreading the word so that if you use VPP you can speak to your Apple Rep and file an enhancement or feedback request for VPP. Jamf was pretty good about helping me troubleshoot this issue which wasn't even their fault.

2 REPLIES 2

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Out of curiosity, did you try to install v6 with user assigned licenses? Old software that you 'own' might work...

RLR
Valued Contributor

This happened with an IOS app for us. We used it for about a year and suddenly we could no longer assign it to anyone. So I raised a support case with Apple and they told me the app had been withdrawn from the app store and issued us a refund.