Application management tool

bmee
Contributor

I'm managing about 100 Macs right now and it'll continue to grow. We currently have a few application like Adobe CC, Extensis Font Manager, Chrome, FireFox with CA, FileMaker Pro, Citrix Receiver. I want to know how are you guys managing application update and patching. Ultimately I want to patch and update application with simple push with writing all kinds of policy in Jamf for each application. In our PC world, we currently have over 1000+ application and we used SCCM to manage all of it including Windows Patching and updates.
Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Well... you're here, so I'll say "We use Jamf!" :)

Seriously, Jamf | Pro is about the closest Mac equivalent to SCCM that exists. We don't do a whole lot of preference management on the apps themselves, but handle updates/etc. for most of the apps you list, and then some. Jamf makes routine patching/etc very simple. You may also want to take a look at AutoPKG - not a competitor to Jamf at all, but complimentary. For the Adobe apps, easier from an admin perspective to use Adobe's RUM to deal with updates, but either solution can be administered by JAMF - just a matter of creating packages or using a policy to run the command line.