Apps Deleting after Migration

Phinull_Girl
New Contributor

A couple of my users have experienced apps such as Chrome and FireFox deleting themselves after the migration from our previous MDM to Jamf.

- We are using the migration tools from Jamf that were given to us after our migration meeting.

- The only policies we have are for basic applications such as m365, OpenVPN, and Adobe.

- Users retain their admin rights if they had them.

- Chrome and Firefox are in our Self Service portal.

I would like to find a solution to why this is happening. I keep going over our policies, our configuration profiles, and our prestage but I can't find a solution. We have zero uninstall policies and the only configurations that work on our computers are the initial Jamf Connect configurations and Windows Defender settings.

When Jamf first enrolls or migrates, does it uninstall anything not in the provisioning script? Does it uninstall apps that are available in Self Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ashok_A
Contributor

@Phinull_Girl - Check if Chrome and Firefox are deployed using Jamf App Installers (Jamf App Catalog) from Mac Apps settings. PI110380 is registered for the issue that some Apps deployed through Jamf App Catalog cause the software title to be deleted from the /Applications folder on target computers if the developer auto update is enabled

Try disabling the Developer Auto Update : Disabling Developer Auto-Updates for App Installers with Configuration Profiles - Technical Articles...

Additionally, you can configure end user notifications for several App Installer packages.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Jamf shouldn't be uninstall any apps upon enrollment, but the binary's log file might help shed some light:

/var/log/jamf.log

Thank you, when/if this happens again I will run this to find out. I don't have access to the computer that it was already reported on.

Ashok_A
Contributor

@Phinull_Girl - Check if Chrome and Firefox are deployed using Jamf App Installers (Jamf App Catalog) from Mac Apps settings. PI110380 is registered for the issue that some Apps deployed through Jamf App Catalog cause the software title to be deleted from the /Applications folder on target computers if the developer auto update is enabled

Try disabling the Developer Auto Update : Disabling Developer Auto-Updates for App Installers with Configuration Profiles - Technical Articles...

Additionally, you can configure end user notifications for several App Installer packages.