Apps not downloading from Self Service

bthomason
New Contributor II

We have purchased an App with VPP and have redeemed it on one of our carts iPads. I then scope the App to the cart and it won't download in Self Service, just stays stuck on pending. This has happened a few times lately, it doesn't even prompt me to install. Anyone else having this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

cullenk
New Contributor

We have a similar problem. We opened up the whole apple IP range(17.0.0.0 -17.255.255.255) in our firewall and that solved our problem.

CairoJXP
Contributor

CullenK may be correct that it's a firewall issue and not downloading because an apple site is being blocked. Another thing we've done when you can't download from self service is to go into the App Store purchases section and if it's there, download it from the App Store. That's worked successfully a number of times.

bthomason
New Contributor II

I tried to white list, still getting the same issue,. appears to happen with paid Apps, not free, and it's stuck on pending.

bthomason
New Contributor II

I think I am having to download and redeem the App on one, and then mark it as FREE in the JSS. All of these Apps are redeemed by the same APPLE ID.

CairoJXP
Contributor

I know all about having to install paid apps individually from the App Store, it's frustrating. We've used configurator partly for installing paid apps with VPP codes and then reclaim them at the end as well in some cases. Our process currently involves both AC and the JSS.

As for unblocking sites etc, try unblocking the following domains that Apple uses as well in addition to the IP range. Apple servers:

phobos.apple.com deimos3.apple.com albert.apple.com gs.apple.com itunes.apple.com ax.itunes.apple.com

Verisign servers:

evintl-ocsp.verisign.com evsecure-ocsp.verisign.com

Slipshadow3
New Contributor

I have the same problem but I can't re download it from the AppStore because it's been deleted from my iPad someone please help