Arctic Wolf Installation Errors

hustler
New Contributor

Hello All,

I have followed this guide exactly and am going crazy. https://docs.arcticwolf.com/agent/installing_mac.html

The error I am seeing seems to be related to the "Execute Command" section or perhaps the .sh script itself  This is what the details from the log shows:

Result of command:
/private/tmp/AGENT/install_AWNAGENT.sh: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf2709: command not found /private/tmp/AGENT/install_AWNAGENT.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `}' /private/tmp/AGENT/install_AWNAGENT.sh: line 2: `\cocoatextscaling0\cocoaplatform0{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Monaco;}'

mdonohue_0-1694719979678.png

I've tried my best to confirm that the .sh is created properly, the file shows SHELL on the Icon and its definitely a plain text document

mdonohue_1-1694720467147.jpeg

Any insight would be extremely helpful.  Also one thing to note is when I copy pasted the command from the .sh file and ran it in terminal it prompted for my password and then installed

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

I thought their way was a bit complicated, too many steps.
So I have a pkg I created in Composer that puts the Installer pkg from the server and the json file together in a folder in a temp location.

The script they want you to run is pretty much a one liner. So I adjusted it to have my temp location and I then added it to my Jamf server as a script.
Now my policy runs and does the install of my pkg to temp, then it runs the script part as it is set to run after all other steps.

Running the script from the Jamf server means it runs as root, so no passwords are required.

Hope this helps

jtrant
Valued Contributor

@hustler, your script is also not a plain text file. It looks to have some additional text that is confusing things.

Best to use CodeRunner or similar script editor to eliminate that issue.