Are there any OSX 3rd party patching products?

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

With updates coming out every week - are there any OSX 3rd party patching products people are using out there? It's not hard to repackage - but it can be a lot to keep up with if your OSX admin also manages other duties.

On the PC side, a few management tools have 3rd party patching (available natively, or additional plugin). For example, with Altiris, I subscribe to the products (Adobe, Chrome, there are tons) I want to patch, usually within 2 days updates are available for me to test/push. I don't have to repackage, and this is how I do OS and 3rd party patching on the PC side. I don't need a separate WSUS server. I can run pretty detailed reports on who got what patch - what percent of patches they still need, etc.

I'd love for JAMF to offer this, but have never heard they were interested in going that direction. It'd be a great service to be able to pay for a 'patching plugin' like they have SCCM/Altiris plug ins.

2 REPLIES 2

lance_ogletree
Contributor

Please file this as a feature request as well. I'm sure there are others out there that would see the value in this type of functionality.

-Lance

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Here's the feature request I submitted previously if you want to vote it up

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=662