Asset ID not on Lock Screen

lfriedo
New Contributor III

I have a configuration profile setup with the lock screen payload set to use the all ipads smart device group.  When a brand new device is brought over from ABM (DEP) there is no asset ID assigned to the device yet and I have been going into the device once it comes under management and setting the asset ID.  However, it seems that the profile is loading on the device initially (like it should) but not updating after I set the asset ID so it shows on the lock screen as "asset ID:   ".  If I "change" that configuration profile and save it, it asks if I want to push to all devices under scope and if I say yes the device will then say "asset ID: 99-999".  How do I get it to update the profile on the devices without making a change to the configuration profile and saving it?  Or is there a way to set the asset ID before the device comes under management and has the profile pushed to it to begin with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

Have you tried scoping it only to computers with the asset tag field filled in (so excluding asset tag field blank). That way it wouldn't fall into scope until the asset tag exists in the device record

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

Have you tried scoping it only to computers with the asset tag field filled in (so excluding asset tag field blank). That way it wouldn't fall into scope until the asset tag exists in the device record

Also, you can use inventory preload to upload asset tag info in advance, but this still might be a timing thing and I'd probably exclude the blank asset tag field anyways for good measure in case an asset tag is added later after the profile is applied