Assigning packages to a policy problem

msheinberg
New Contributor

We're using an instance of jamf cloud, (10.11.1 for reference), and am having a problem putting uploaded packages into a policy.

I uploaded the pkg file in the settings module, no problem. However, when I try to put that pkg into a policy to deploy to computers, after I click the add button, I get the circle in the middle of my screen that seems to go forever until my session times out; since I haven't had a chance to save, the policy never ends up in my list of policies.

I also tried creating a blank policy (just giving it a name), saving it, then editing the policy to add a package, but got the same result.

5 REPLIES 5

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Are you using Chrome? I think that's the Chrome issue everyone is talking about, it's been misbehaving in different ways in the GUI. Unsure if we're blaming Jamf or Google right now but Safari or Firefox should work for you in the mean time.

maxmaxmaxmaxmax
New Contributor II

Sounds like what I had!

You might be affected by these Known Issues...

PI-007159 - When using Google Chrome release 75.0.3770.80 or later, Jamf Pro fails to correctly cancel payloads or add multiple payloads in Computer and Mobile Device configurations profiles. Workaround: Use a different browser.

PI-007099 - When using Google Chrome release 75.0.3770.80, adding scripts or packages to policies prevents you from saving or cancelling the policy. Workaround: Use a different browser.

mking529
Contributor

Yup, use Firefox. Same Jamf Pro version, same problems with Chrome, Firefox is working just fine.

FastGM3
Contributor

Thank you, this post just helped me!

rickcolette
New Contributor

Helped me as well - Thanks!