Asterisk(s) * in the browser's window/tab title

Jolin
New Contributor

I'm using the cloud-hosted version of Jamf Pro. Often (or always?), the page title shown in my browser's tab or window title ends with an asterisk *. Today the title ends with two asterisks **:

Jolin_0-1666864679458.png

It doesn't matter what page/part of Jamf Pro I'm using, all the page titles have the asterisks appended. What does this mean? Is there some sort of alert I'm supposed to be checking on?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RLR
Valued Contributor

Yep, this is due to load balancing.

From a support call I had many years ago, I was told 1 star is the child node so I assume 2 stars is the master node.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jamf-42
Valued Contributor

if my memory serves me from all those years ago of on prem.. its the load balancing between nodes.. Not sure how jamf cloud is setup.. but historically that was it.. 

RLR
Valued Contributor

Yep, this is due to load balancing.

From a support call I had many years ago, I was told 1 star is the child node so I assume 2 stars is the master node.

Jolin
New Contributor

Thanks both. Since I'm not managing the Jamf server (i.e. it's Jamf Cloud), is there any practical impact of this? Or can I ignore the asterisks?

RLR
Valued Contributor

Nothing to worry about. If you ever notice your instance running slow you can try using icognito mode to switch node and see if that one is any better. Might take a few attempts to change node.