ASUS Appliance not enabling updates

Ethan_Mondy
New Contributor II

Hello all. I am having a very strange issue with the JAMF ASUS appliance. When I enable an update (check the box) and click on apply, after a brief refresh period the branch re-loads and does not have the updates I selected marked any longer. I have attempted to reboot the server it is running on and that didn't fix the issue. Has anybody else seen this or know how to fix it? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ethan_Mondy
New Contributor II

So I found out what was causing the issue. I tried a few things and here is what I learned and came up with:

• When viewing a branch you can use the search field to find items that have been both deprecated and/or developer downloads. When searching for deprecated for example, after the search completes you can use the select/deselect option and not have it alter your original selections. That is to say if before you searched you did a select all, then searched and deselect all, your original selection minus the searched items would still be selected. Very handy.
  • Removing all developer and deprecated updates let me enable everything else without any issues.

Hope this helps somebody down the road.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ethan_Mondy
New Contributor II

So I found out what was causing the issue. I tried a few things and here is what I learned and came up with:

• When viewing a branch you can use the search field to find items that have been both deprecated and/or developer downloads. When searching for deprecated for example, after the search completes you can use the select/deselect option and not have it alter your original selections. That is to say if before you searched you did a select all, then searched and deselect all, your original selection minus the searched items would still be selected. Very handy.
  • Removing all developer and deprecated updates let me enable everything else without any issues.

Hope this helps somebody down the road.