Auto Login after Image

speterson
New Contributor II

Working on imaging a cart of computers and have a workflow set up in Casper Imaging. I have users already created in the base image. Also have some things setup to install and scripts to run after image reboot. Once the computer reboots it auto logins in and then i see the casper screen where it says that the computer is finishing the image process. in my previous work flows i have to login to a user before that started. Anyone else run into this?? Anyway i can get back to that??

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Adobe doesn't create that "adobeinstall" account. Casper does. @tron_jones you are on the right track though. If you add any item to your config set to install "At Reboot" it will boot into a temporary account and run those installs while the screens covered by a fullscreen jamfHelper message.

As has been discussed elsewhere, JAMF should rename that account to something more generic than "adobe install" since its no longer used just for Adobe installations.

View solution in original post

speterson
New Contributor II

low and behold, adding a name to the computer name field in casper imaging was causing all my problems. However, i added a csv file with the serial numbers and computer names to /Users/Shared and wrote a script to rename the computer from the information from that file then delete the file, worked great.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Is one of the installs an Adobe product that you have set to run at reboot? I've seen Adobe create a temporary adobe account that auto logs in to install Adobe products.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Adobe doesn't create that "adobeinstall" account. Casper does. @tron_jones you are on the right track though. If you add any item to your config set to install "At Reboot" it will boot into a temporary account and run those installs while the screens covered by a fullscreen jamfHelper message.

As has been discussed elsewhere, JAMF should rename that account to something more generic than "adobe install" since its no longer used just for Adobe installations.

speterson
New Contributor II

@mm22770 Thats what i though was going on. Doing some more testing, my problems could have something to do with the fact that im putting in my computer name in the computer name field on Casper Imaging.

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I see I see, I always assumed that since we had our Adobe Flash to install at reboot it was a generic Adobe account. Definitely agree that the name could use a change to something more JAMF related.

speterson
New Contributor II

i notice in the jamf binary that there is a is a setComputerName parameter with a flag of fromFile point it to a csv file with your computer names. i may give that a try. Because using the computer name field in Casper Imaging isnt working.

speterson
New Contributor II

low and behold, adding a name to the computer name field in casper imaging was causing all my problems. However, i added a csv file with the serial numbers and computer names to /Users/Shared and wrote a script to rename the computer from the information from that file then delete the file, worked great.