Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Configurator + Enrollment Profile - fails

Seeing this with Configurator 1.3, if I Prepare devices with an exported/downloaded JAMF Enrollment profile, all of the other config profiles are installed/applied except the enrollment profile fails (I am deploying a wireless configuration and that ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Packages Failing

Has anyone had much experience with this? The pkgs I create from the CCP install fine when I run the original pkg but they fail when I import the pkg into Casper Admin then try and run via Self Service. I've tried importing the pkg into CA as well th...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

EFI Password already set?

We are attempting to install an EFI password on some test machines and are experiencing some issues. Our procedure is as follows: (1) Put the setregproptool inside /Library/ApplicationSupport/JAMF/bin(2) Create a .pkg package for the setregproptool t...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS7 and supervising devices

Without going into details and violating any TOS has anyone else had issues supervising and iOS7 device? Any help would be welcome. I you want to email me so we are openly discussing unreleased software on a forum would be great. ThanksRyan  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging logs not being created?

I am new to Casper Imaging. I have successfully created an image and on July 12th successfully imaged a computer using Casper Imaging 8.64. I then modified and recompiled the image and have had mixed successes and failures since then however none of ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Basics

I am having a hard time figuring out where to start. I have created 2 base images, but my next goal is to update all of the software that we currently use including plug ins, and I just don't know where to start. I would appreciate any step by step i...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacbookAir6,2 Netboot NilObjectException Imaging Errors

We're experiencing NilObjectException Errors while imaging our MacbookAir6,2's using ThunderBolt to Ethernet from our 10.8.4 NetBoot Image. Is there any sufficient documentation to fix this on the 8.72 JSS. It's almost 50/50 as to when it occurs, I c...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Redeeming codes for already owned apps

We are having a problem with users redeeming codes through the self-service app for apps that they already own. I didn't think this would be a problem because iTunes allows you to re-download any apps you have purchased without charging you a second ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus - Profile Needed?

We've got some volunteers today that are going to supervise all 400 of our ipads. That said, we're planning on using Casper Focus, but weren't alerted of the volunteers in time to do some testing. So off the bat, do you recommend pushing Casper Focus...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Knowledge requested: Netboot & PXE boot

Wondering if any of you fine folks has had to navigate letting these two co-exist on the same network? What (technical) challenges did you run into? How did you solve it? I have a meeting coming up with some higher-ups about this issue. I'm pulling f...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error: An error occurred attempting to mount the package

Seems to be happening with every package I create and try to deploy. Attached a log below: Sending Wake On LAN command...Opening SSH Connection to 152.146.193.xxx...Accepting authentication method...Authenticating...Successfully authenticated.Verifyi...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi based AD authentication

How are you all doing WiFI based AD authentication? We have an 802.1X solution that was implemented before I arrived. You can connect to the SSID but you won't get an IP address until you supply an AD username and password. That makes life interestin...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't re-add printers

I'm having great difficulty in re-adding two printers to the JSS list of printers via Casper Admin. Specifically, I have policies (via Self Service) which add all the printers in a building to a user's machine. We have a situation in one of our build...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy error message

I am using the JAMF Written "display message" script to display a security warning to my end Users. When I let the JAMF automated policy run, no matter what (I'd say 98.5% of the time) I seem to get the below: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.62 Executing...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting Auto Login

I have some kiosk machines that need to automatically login on boot, but I can't seem to get my package to work properly at imaging time even though it works once I'm logged into the machine. I created a package that contains the kcpassword file (per...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Enroll Stuck @ Locating Mobile Device records....

Hi JAMF Nation, I've lost the ability to manage a 2011 Macbook Pro (OS 10.7.5) so I'm trying to run a sudo jamf enroll but the enrollment always gets stuck at Locating mobile device records. sea-xxxxxxxx:~ xxxxxxxxx$ sudo jamf enrollDownloading the J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee Endpoint Protection with ePO - Packaging Issues

Hello all - there don't seem to be many (if any) posts about McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac and strategies for packaging this application so I thought I would see what you all think. Deploying the flat package downloaded from my McAfee Enterprise...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX priorities

Does anyone know if it is possible and/or which priority the MCX are applied? I have a screensaver MCX that is scoped to a Smart Group called 10.8.x desktops. Screensaver is set to 1800.This setting of 1800 works for 99% of our computers, however a 1...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Developers without local admin rights

Ok, I've seen a few posts on aspects of this but I'd like to get some feedback from JAMFNation on how they deal with the following requirement. We are working on a 10.8 deployment for a development project. All of the developers will be using Xcode, ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

VNC/ARD access while Netbooted to Casper Imaging?

I have a Casper Netinstall nbi that I use for booting machines into Casper Imaging so they can be reimaged. I've been asked to stop using "Automatically Image this Computer the next time Casper Imaging is launched" after a user accidentally reimaged ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure SSH - by Directory Group?

For those of you in environments where your Macs are bound to a central directory service (AD/LDAP/etc) and you've locked down SSH, can you clarify if it possible to lock it down via directory group vs just a single user account (as offered in the in...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

troubleshooting error logs

I'm having a bear of a time understanding what this log error message means. I've scrubbed data, I've deleted profiles and recreated them and have re-enrolled all of our Mac OS X 10.8 clients. I've even escalated to support, but was hoping some seaso...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking the health of the jamf agent

I am hoping that someone could help me or maybe save me some time. We use Casper for all of our machine that we maintain and was wondering if anyone is doing anything client side to monitor the jamf client/agent to make sure that it is working ok and...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors