Auto login apps on Shared mobile devices

nelsonpark
New Contributor III

Just wondering if anyone has tackled this issue before, or has any ideas how we might go about implementing a solution.

Currently we assign iPad's to individual students via jamf, and sign into apps like SeeSaw manually using Google account sign-on. We're investigating using Shared devices next year, and would like to continue to use Google accounts for Seesaw sign-on. Ideally I would like it if Seesaw and apps like it were able to sync log-on details between sessions and devices, so that only one initial manual sign-on was required (or automatically based on a students $EMAIL or some extension attribute).

No matter what we try though, we're unable to get those Google credentials to sync. I've got iCloud enabled in the device pre-enrollment, and a configuration profile applied that allows iCloud Keychain (autofill is also enabled). I've also attempted to use a configuration profile with a Google Account payload (using $EMAIL etc to populate the fields based on the user currently logged into the shared device) to at least see if I could autofill the email address, but this does work either.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what we could try next, or have experience with SSO apps on shared devices? We are a special school, so any method requiring students to remember credentials and log-in manually needs to be avoided. I'm aware of SeeSaw's textcode/QR code sign on method, but would prefer to stick with Google sign-in if possible, as we want to restrict students to their account (the other method asks students to pick from a list of all student currently assigned to that classroom). If we could restrict joining a classroom to only the name of the student that matches that which is currently signed into a device, or had student specific QR codes for their Google Accounts, then that could possibly work also.

Thanks,

0 REPLIES 0