Autopkg fresh install issues

matherton
New Contributor

Trying to get Autopkg installed, fresh install following all the steps and i keep getting the following error... google has got me no where so far.  Using Autopkgr anything i do brings up this error... every error points back to default preferences.

WARNING: Did not load any default preferences.

WARNING: Could not set RECIPE_REPOS preference: Could not synchronize preference RECIPE_REPOS

WARNING: Could not set RECIPE_SEARCH_DIRS preference: Could not synchronize preference RECIPE_SEARCH_DIRS

5 REPLIES 5

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

I think I ran into something similar, but not on a clean install. I was playing around with settings, and moving cache and repo folders around my local Mac. Do you get this same issue on a separate Mac or just this one?

Try a clean uninstall and re-install yet?Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 11.53.26 AM.png

matherton
New Contributor

Ive only tried this mac so far, its a brand new M1 macbook pro.   I have tried to uninstall and reinstall... tried older versions of the software and nothing is fixing the default preferences file. 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Feel ya. What happens if you create a new user account on that Mac and install?

matherton
New Contributor

Well turns out there is a folder called Recipes that was missing... i manually created it and now it seems to be working

el2493
Contributor III

Where did you create the Recipes folder? I'm having this same issue.