AUTOpkgr Some Help

MAD0oM
Contributor

I've been experimenting with AUTOPKGR and running into some issues here...Any idea why? heres the error. some info share is SMB. only special characters in password is (!) multiple folders on Share primary folder used called PKG

thanks

mount_smbfs: mount error: /Volumes/*$-1: File exists
A Python exception occurred during the execution of autopkg, see the console log for more details.

[ERROR] subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['mount', '-t', 'smbfs', u'//USERNAME:@SHARE', u'/Volumes/*$-1']' returned non-zero exit status 64

15 REPLIES 15

anastnic
New Contributor

What version of the JSS are you running? If it is version 9.65 by chance, refer to the Google Group discussion linked below. Also verify your smb:// share isn't mounted on the machine you are attempting to run AutoPkgr on.
Known issue with Casper 9.65 and JSSImporter

Archer
New Contributor

I had an error close to yours:
"subprocess.CalledProcessError
: Command '['mount', '-t', 'afp', 'afp://casperadmin:*@xxxxx.internal:548/CasperShare', '/Volumes/CasperShare-1']' returned non-zero exit status 58"

Mine was related to the CasperShare trying to mount twice in autopkgr. I have two AFP distribution points that are actually the same; one points internal and one external. I'm thinking the status 58 is because its AFP not SMB?

I guess it got a little upset and would error out when trying to upload the recipes. I just removed the duplicate and double checked the rights to the user.... and now its working!

Anyways, Goodluck

MAD0oM
Contributor

@anastnic thanks so for the reply I'm using 9.72 and my share isn't mounted as a matter of fact it mounts on creating the pkg but it fails with that error once mounted.

@Archer Share is def SMB and not AFP.. i've checked everything oh by the way this is on 10.10.4 machine and version9.72 of JSS and latest version of autoPKGr.

any other suggestions ?

Boughen
New Contributor

I also have this issue, I have posted the following in the AutoPkgr-discuss google group but they has been no resolution.

Hello,

I am running AutoPkgr with the JSSImporter my JSS is version 9.72. The mac I am running AutoPkgr on is 10.10.4

Git 2.2.1
AutoPkg 0.4.2
JSSImported 0.4.1

We had AutoPkgr working superbly until recently when we started getting an error when running recipes.
I have reduced the number of recipes back to 1 and the issue remains.

AutoPkgr runs, checks for the correct version of the software, and downloads to cache, and creates the .pkg without error, but, It seems like the JSSImporter is attempting to mount our SMB distribution point twice.

ERROR mount_smbfs: mount error: /Volumes/casperpackages$-1: File exists A Python exception occurred during the execution of autopkg, see the system log for more details. [ERROR] : Command '['mount', '-t', 'smbfs', '//svccasper-rw:*@jssurl:445/casperpackages$', '/Volumes/casperpackages$-1']' returned non-zero exit status 64`

/Volumes/ before running AutoPkgr
ls /Volumes/
Yosemite_system

After running AutoPkgr the following are mounted in /Volumes/
ls /Volumes/
Yosemite_system
casperpackages$
casperpackages$-1

Its been driving me crazy, so any support would be greatly received.

Cheers, Neil

anastnic
New Contributor

Could you post the verbose logs? From the github repo,
"During troubleshooting, you may find it useful to enable AutoPkgr's verbose logging feature. To do that, hold the Option key while you click the AutoPkgr icon in the menu bar (Menu bar icon). Then select Verbose Logs. The simplest way to view the logs is to filter for "AutoPkgr" in the Console app on your Mac."

Boughen
New Contributor

Verbose log below.

Cheers, Neil

Jul 7 18:50:00 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: Welcome to AutoPkgr! Jul 7 18:50:00 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Verbose logging is active. To deactivate, option-click the AutoPkgr menu icon and uncheck Verbose Logs. Jul 7 18:50:00 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Starting AutoPkgr menu bar icon... Jul 7 18:50:00 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] AutoPkgr menu bar icon started. Jul 7 18:50:03 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Populating configuration window settings based on user defaults, if they exist. Jul 7 18:50:03 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Using Official Git Jul 7 18:50:03 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Activated AutoPkgr configuration window. Jul 7 18:50:03 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Completed AutoPkg Task: Jul 7 18:50:03 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] The JSS is responding and API user credentials seem valid. Jul 7 18:50:03 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: Stopping Port Test. Jul 7 18:50:11 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Using Official Git Jul 7 18:50:13 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Completed AutoPkg Task: Jul 7 18:50:13 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Using System Proxies: { Jul 7 18:50:14 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: Processing com.github.golbiga.jss.TextMate2... Jul 7 18:50:31 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: (FULL AUTOPKG TRACEBACK) Jul 7 18:50:31 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: Error [1] Error running recipes Jul 7 18:50:31 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Completed AutoPkg Task: /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/autopkg run --recipe-list /Users/localuser/Library/Application Support/AutoPkgr/recipe_list.txt --report-plist /var/folders/g1/jd7p43wx4234p2dbk7yp25t40000gn/T/com.lindegroup.AutoPkgr/20150707185013 -v Jul 7 18:50:32 massala AutoPkgr[29864]: [DEBUG] Using Official Git

Boughen
New Contributor

Hi Nicholas, thank you for your advice,

I have double checked the API user, and the permissions are correct, I then stripped them back to the minimum required, but I am still getting the same error.

Cheers, Neil

MAD0oM
Contributor

Identical LOG

MAD0oM
Contributor

any one ?

Kedgar
Contributor

I have an issue in which if I use Casper Admin... or AutoPkgr, I have to destroy all of my kerberos tickets:

kdestroy -a

I also make sure to unmount any distribution point shares first in case they are already mounted

umount /Volumes/CasperShare*

I still have a lot of issues playing with AutoPkgr... I think until I write and maintain my own recipes... it will not be ready for prime-time in my environment.

Boughen
New Contributor

@Kedger thank you, but this doesn't change anything we are still getting the double mount behaviour.

Cheers, Neil

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

Out of curiosity, are you running AutoPkgr on the JSS server or on a separate machine? I've had wonkiness with mounting in the past when running on the server itself.

Boughen
New Contributor

Mine running on a separate machine.

Cheers, Neil

elliotjordan
Contributor III

Public service announcement: If you're seeking help specifically with AutoPkgr, I welcome you to join us in our Google Group or submit an issue on GitHub. Thanks!

Boughen
New Contributor

Hi Elliot, thank you.

I did create a discussion in the google group called "Error Running Recipes" and it wasn't until seeing that another user had the same issue on here that I added my findings, I completely agree that the correct place for AutoPkgr help is the google group or GitHub, but, knowing that other users were experiencing the same issue helped my troubleshooting as it eliminated my environment as a cause.

Discussion in Google Groups

Cheers, Neil