Avoid account creation ?

Captainamerica
Contributor II

I am a little lost in all the changes Apple/jamf have made recent years. But overall when installing a new mac through DEP is there a way to avoid manual user creation on the mac ?

I would like to get rid of user must create a account manual on a mac, as they so often make spelling errors etc in their names and if the name of the account is not correct the certificates will not work as they are generated through that naming

We are using Azure SSO and have set azure up as IDP if that changes something. 

please help clearing up my mind 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Captainamerica In your PreStage Enrollment configuration under Account Settings enable Pre-fill primary account information and Lock primary account information and that should use the user info from Azure.

Captainamerica
Contributor II

I actually tried that, but what should account creation setting by in pre-stage?.

If I select do not create account it just go through the DEP initial steps as it should, but then just shows login screen with no user account available.

Captainamerica_0-1637562687222.png

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Captainamerica Here's the Account Settings options I use to have the Mac's local account created based on the user's AD information:

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 1.46.24 PM.png

Captainamerica
Contributor II

So you are using only azure Sso and then these settings ? Not jamf connect or anything ? 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

We're authenticating against on-prem AD via LDAP, and in theory Azure SSO would provide the same info.