Azure AD mapping

glpi-ios
Contributor III

hello,

We migrated our JSS from an LDAP connection to Azure AD (Cloud Identity Providers).
But we are unable to map certain AzureAD attributes such as 'businessPhone' or extensions such as 'extension_3bf6422528194f1aae559105e4bace82_division'.

Have you ever had this type of problem?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

Yes, it is common to face mapping issues while migrating to a new identity provider. Mapping attributes and extensions from the previous identity provider to the new one may require additional configuration.

I would recommend checking if the missing attributes are present in the user's Azure AD profile and if they are exposed for mapping in Jamf Pro. You can also check the Azure AD documentation for information on how to expose additional attributes for mapping.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

Yes, it is common to face mapping issues while migrating to a new identity provider. Mapping attributes and extensions from the previous identity provider to the new one may require additional configuration.

I would recommend checking if the missing attributes are present in the user's Azure AD profile and if they are exposed for mapping in Jamf Pro. You can also check the Azure AD documentation for information on how to expose additional attributes for mapping.

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Ok thanks for your help @Jaykrishna1 

I will try to find out from Microsoft.

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

Great then.

PorkChopExpress
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

PI104636 - businessPhones and officeLocation mappings do not retrieve any data on user lookup: Azure Cloud IDP with Jamf Pro 10.32

Any chance you could update us on if this is still an issue?

I just setup up Azure AD as a cloud connection and the officeLocation mapping is working fine for me, but neither businessPhone nor businessPhones are pulling any data.

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Thank you for your help.

However, I can't find this PI in the ongoing or resolved issues.
We have just upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.45 and the problem still persists.
Is it resolved or still ongoing?

Thank you for your assistance.

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

Just migrated from on-prem to Jamf Cloud. officeLocation does not map for me between Jamf Pro 10.50 and my MS Azure/Entra IdP.

NGuedes
New Contributor III

Hi 

I have exactly the same problem.
On Microsoft Graph Explorer API I manage to get the data of the attribute, but on Jamf Pro I get "no value" while testing.

NGuedes
New Contributor III

Hi,

I opened a ticket for Jamf Support, they confirmed this only works when you have already a Building set up on Jamf Pro settings with the exact same name.

After creating the buildings needed, it started working for me.

Best regards!

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

Is the value name for the building attribute  "Building"? in your Azure instance?

NGuedes
New Contributor III

Hi,

No, we have several buildings actually, but what I mean is that every officelocation value on Azure must match a Building name on Jamf Pro settings.

That way, Jamf Pro can read and populate the Building on "User and Location"

Best regards!