Best way to rebuild (Wipe) a Filevile2 Catalina MacBook using DEP

edjmac
New Contributor

We have been using the great erase-install script with great luck to wipe and rebuild a laptop! Since Catalina it's no longer working. We are moving to JAMF Connect and I think that might have something to do with it. We also use Filevault with DEP. The script seems to work great, but encryption no longer works with the extra steps we have to do with Catalina and JAMF Connect. Also it will no longer suppress the fingerprint reader, data privacy, screen select, and true tone options during first login even though we have them suppressed at prestage. Odd that id does suppress the other items like Siri and icloud. I think it has something to do with the preboot partition that JAMF Connect runs on. Any good ways to make a fast rebuild? I have not had great luck with a usb boot disk using Catalina. I might try looking into that again.

1 REPLY 1

edjmac
New Contributor

Just to add to this madness I tried to build a new computer fresh out of the box and everything worked perfect! Encryption worked and the 4 other popups were suppressed at first login. I then ran ran the erase-install script and it's broken again. I booted into recovery wiped the drive, reinstalled the from internet recovery and still not working. What gives? It worked perfect fresh out of the box.