Beyond Trust Privilege Management rollout...pain

pchimombe
New Contributor III

Hi everyone we are rolling out BT privilege management to our Endpoints and we are running into issues assigning the policies to different flex groups e.g high low and medium flex. We have the Azure AD connection enabled but we cannot assign AAD groups to Macs in the console(we can for Windows). When we assign policies via standard AD groups the policies don't filter down to the devices. Apparently this is a known bug. Ideally we don't want to use AD as we are trying to move away from Binding.

We have reached out to our BT rep but we haven't made much progress. How are you all pushing policies to the different groups?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bwoods
Valued Contributor

@pchimombe, so my screenshot below is of my BT web console. We've created multiple computer groups that have different functions and flexibility settings. You can use the Rapid deployment tool to create a package that will determine which group the machine will go into. 

bwoods_0-1662728204689.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bwoods
Valued Contributor

Beyond Trust user here. We just create packages that assign machines to specific groups in the BT console. Would that solve your issue until the bug is fixed?

pchimombe
New Contributor III

@bwoods  Yes please share more details 🙏

bwoods
Valued Contributor

@pchimombe, so my screenshot below is of my BT web console. We've created multiple computer groups that have different functions and flexibility settings. You can use the Rapid deployment tool to create a package that will determine which group the machine will go into. 

bwoods_0-1662728204689.png

pchimombe
New Contributor III

Thanks @bwoods 👏