Big Sur - not connecting to company network

valkyrie
New Contributor III

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me with this issue.
We are seeing an issue with new computers that we are enrolling with Big Sur, but computers that had been enrolled previously and have upgraded to Big Sur seem to have the same issue.

Our devices can connect to our company network when they are domain joined. This is the case for our Macs and has worked fine up until Catalina. When enrolling our devices (DEP and some manual actions to get it ready for the user), the local (non-AD) admin account could connect to the wifi, the manual actions were performed, and the AD account for the user could login without any issues. We have a configuration profile for the configuration of this network (autojoin and directory authentication), which hasn't changed since the upgrade to the new OS.

In Big Sur, the local admin account can no longer connect to the company network and we get prompted for authentication (AD credentials). As we don't have our users AD credentials, this is not what we want or need.
I've been checking with the network team yesterday, and they can't even see any attempts made by the machine to connect to the network (even though it's domain joined and should be in the wifi radius).

Have any of you run into this/something similar? The computers don't seem to be broadcasting their name to the network, which is why they are not allowed on the network.

4 REPLIES 4

Sguzmanmadri
New Contributor

Hello valkyrie, Did you find any solution on this issue? We are having the same problem, the only difference is that our computers are not domain joined, we are using a SCEP certificate to connect to the network, and the auto-connect has always worked, but after the upgrade to Big Sur users need to enter their credentials.

Sguzmanmadri
New Contributor

Hello valkyrie, Did you find any solution on this issue? We are having the same problem, the only difference is that our computers are not domain joined, we are using a SCEP certificate to connect to the network, and the auto-connect has always worked, but after the upgrade to Big Sur users need to enter their credentials.

EREAFSNJAMF
New Contributor III

Having similar issues, if using a USB C Network adapter check the if the port is active and is highest in the order. We've found USB C Network adapters to be unreliable on Big Sur and only using wireless. Also found by changing TCP/IP IPv6 to Link-local only allowed seemed to allow users to logon after a reboot. Until we changed this, new users to the device were not able to logon.

valkyrie
New Contributor III

Sorry for the late reply, I lost track of this discussion.
Our issue was caused by GlobalProtect, so for us, installing a newer version fixed our problems.