Black screen after erase & reinstall on Sonoma

piotrr
Contributor III

Hi, 

I've had one user machine and one test machine failing to reinstall after an erase and reinstall in Sonoma 14.0 and I fully expected coming in here and realizing everyone was having it, but apparently not. 

We're on Jamf Pro, using Jamf Connect to create user accounts and twice now, erased and reinstalled computers have become stuck on a black screen during first time setup. 

It may be relevant that I had only pushed Jamf Connect 2.20 and only now updated to 2.27. 

Has anyone else had this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Máté
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey @piotrr ,

The black screen issue is happening when Connect is not yet on 2.27 version, but we already updated the macOS version or if we erase & reinstall, but do not deploy Connect 2.27. 
As soon as the package is updated in your Jamf Pro instance and use the updated package in PreStage too, you will not see the black screen issue anymore. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Máté
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey @piotrr ,

The black screen issue is happening when Connect is not yet on 2.27 version, but we already updated the macOS version or if we erase & reinstall, but do not deploy Connect 2.27. 
As soon as the package is updated in your Jamf Pro instance and use the updated package in PreStage too, you will not see the black screen issue anymore. 

piotrr
Contributor III

I'm going to test this out on my testing machine, but I am also choosing to believe you and therefore mark this as the solution. :)