Blocking the App Store

Not applicable

We haven't seen this in our environment. We are also blocking the App Store in this manner. What is the string you entered for the Restricted Software?

-- remo del bello | systems administrator | thedesignory | w 562.753.0783 | remo.delbello at designory.com

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

I don't know if you or any others have noticed, but there are a couple of managed preferences for restricting or prohibiting the App Store, which is what I used. If you create a new managed preference, you can select to import from a Google Manifest Destiny, where you will find 2 preferences for limiting or blocking the App Store.

--
Terry Sheltra, Macintosh Support Technician
University of Virginia, School of Architecture
w: 434.982.3047 e: terrys at virginia.edu
--
?????????

SeanA
Contributor III

Focusing more on the App Store than Lion…Wouldn’t the smart group and the MCX be redundant (if the app store is detected and removed, then what is reason for the MCX unless the smart group can be somehow bypassed)? I do not see how the app store detection and removal can be bypassed.

Anybody else see how?

Sean

noah_swanson
New Contributor

Have to cover our bases. Just like everyone else, there are some clever users out there. Don't want to take any chances. I'd like to prevent the "why didn’t casper do this" discussion.