Can't access JAMF Pro interface after the installation.

parasarann
New Contributor II

Hello JAMF,

Just installed a JAMF Pro 10.7 and I can't seem to access the interface, Getting the below error.

The following error was encountered:
QueryException: Could not connect: Access denied for user 'jamfsoftware'@'localhost' (using password: NO) - An error occurred while connecting to the database.

Please check the following items:
Verify the username, password, and database name, then try again
MySQL is running on localhost
MySQL is accepting network connections
The user jamfsoftware@localhost has been granted privileges to the jamfsoftware database
bf58d5ab03c24a539aa9561bf68ddd5c

I've restarted TomCat, MySQL (8.0) and even the Mac. But still its failed .

7 REPLIES 7

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Does your DataBase.xml have the password in it?

dnelson2813
Contributor

Did you go from 8/9 to 10?

parasarann
New Contributor II

@Ryan.ball: I don't find any Database.xml on device

parasarann
New Contributor II

@dnelson2813

Nope its fresh install....

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

@parasaran Here is the KB: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/360/changing-specific-accounts-in-jamf-pro-and-the-mysql-d...

Looks like it should be here on a Mac:

/Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/xml/DataBase.xml

The following section should have your database password:

<DataBasePassword>new_password_goes_here</DataBasePassword>

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Heh, I spun up yet another JSS today and ran into this issue. But for me, it was because I had forgotten that Jamf likes the database user to be "jamfsoftware" accessing the database, also called "jamfsoftware". During the SLQ setup, I had created a "jamfadmin" user instead. In the past, with previous JSS setups, I had always used the jamfsoftware/jamfsoftware combo, so this slight change gave me the unexpected result, same as you above.

So, I just used Sequel Pro to connect to my local SQL database (as root). I created a user called "jamfsoftware" with my desired password. Then I granted that user access to the "jamfsoftware" database and restarted SQL. Then, the Jamf Pro setup assistant finished, and built all the tables, etc.

Hope this helps.

scottb
Honored Contributor
So, I just used Sequel Pro to connect to my local SQL database (as root). I created a user called "jamfsoftware" with my desired password. Then I granted that user access to the "jamfsoftware" database and restarted SQL. Then, the Jamf Pro setup assistant finished, and built all the tables, etc.

I haven't built one from scratch in a while - but I do recall that being the case too. Decided not to fight it - it works as they document it so...