Can't add MacBook to ABM

jonna1006
Contributor

Per ABM instruction, we can manually add MacBook to ABM via configurator 2 on iphone, and it should be an enrollment screen at "Select your Country or Region" if you bring the iPhone close to the MacBook.

However, I have tried hundreds times and I just could not get to that screen at all... It is a brand new MacBook.

This is a very frustrating situation, and I really do not know what to do...😫

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yah, it needs to be on Monterey for this to work. I saw this mentioned in one of the documents I saw online about this new capability, though I don't think it was an Apple document I saw that in, but not sure how clearly Apple calls this out specifically.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

scottlep
Contributor II

Is the Mac running macOS Monterey 12.x or higher? That is one of the requirements that Apple has seemed to leave out of some of the instructions they have posted online.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yah, it needs to be on Monterey for this to work. I saw this mentioned in one of the documents I saw online about this new capability, though I don't think it was an Apple document I saw that in, but not sure how clearly Apple calls this out specifically.

jonna1006
Contributor

Thanks for the info, and I have tested this morning and it works after updating to Monterey.