Can't see files in Composer, and always fails converting to source from .pkg

SonyaLynnTwist
New Contributor II

Hi, all.

I'm having two huge problems with Composer (Version 11.4.1 running on an M2 MacBook Air w/ macOS 14.4.1).

1. When I create a source, I can't see files at all to interact with them. They appear to be there (see screenshot), and I can sort of kind of navigate the filesystem inside there with the arrow keys, but I see nothing. This makes it impossible to work with Composer atm, and it's a crucial part of my Jamf workflow. Anyone here seen this or know how to fix it? I've already tried uninstalling, ripping out the Composer prefs, and reinstalling. No joy.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 4.56.18 PM.png

2. When I try to create a source from an existing file, I'm able to do it from a .dmg, but not a .pkg. Those always fail.

Anyway, HELP! Is there maybe a beta I can try? I dunno…

9 REPLIES 9

dennisnardi
Contributor

This is a bug in 11.4.1 of Composer. If you install 11.4.0, it should work for you. In a ticket I submitted for this, I was told Jamf created a product issue PI117847 around this.

You are a scholar and a gentleman. Bless you and all of your works.

That did the trick. 😀

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@SonyaLynnTwist we're seeing the same issue. @dennisnardi that fixed it, thanks! #kudosgiven

--
https://donmontalvo.com

ahilla
New Contributor II

Seeing the same issue, went back to Composer 11.4.0 and the older version is working fine.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Ran into this as well. Reverted back to 11.32.

If you don't want to revert, I found guess clicking works. So if you click around where the folders might be and land correctly, the bottom permissions is ungrayed and you can make changes.

chrisB
Contributor II

We are also affected - back on v11.4.0 and all's fine.

Aron
New Contributor II

Had the same issue here, went back to v11.4.0 to resolve this. Came to Jamf Nation, because we can't find anything about this in the Known Issues for Jamf Pro 11.4.1.

SlipStream
New Contributor II

It looks like this is still an issue with Composer v11.4.2 as well. Have had to revert back again to v11.4.0.

jamfnc
New Contributor III

Same issue as 11.4.1