Cannot Add App Store App in 8.63

coeadmin
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am having difficulties adding an App Store App in 8.63.

When I go to (Management -> Mobile Device App Catalog -> Add App -> App store App) when I do a search for the App I get no results.

I have looked for Pages, Keynote, etc. and nothing pops up.

I'm not behind a proxy and this used to work.

I'm not opposed to adding it manually but wanted to see if there was something I was missing since the last update. The last time I had to add an App Store app was back in September 2012...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

coeadmin
New Contributor II

I think I may have figured it out... I suspect that the JSS is using Java to make the call to the App Store?

I went ahead and updated Java on the JSS Server, rebooted, and it then allowed me to use it.

Our campus has been blocking Java requests from older versions that have security issues, so it's probably a corner case scenario.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

coeadmin
New Contributor II

I think I may have figured it out... I suspect that the JSS is using Java to make the call to the App Store?

I went ahead and updated Java on the JSS Server, rebooted, and it then allowed me to use it.

Our campus has been blocking Java requests from older versions that have security issues, so it's probably a corner case scenario.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Also, if the JSS is running on a Mac, Xprotect got updated recently to:

*In addition to the definitions for the Yontoo malware, Apple's latest update changes the minimum Java version allowed to reflect the latest versions of the plug-in (version 1.7.17.06 and 1.6.0_43-b01-447), so some Java users may experience a blocked plug-in message until they update.

*from MacFixit.com