Cannot create a Push Certificates

trinhduc20
New Contributor II

Hi,

I tried to create Push Certificates but don't know where is place to upload certificate?

Here's my step:

1, Click on Jamf Account and input my Jamf ID

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 8.26.42 PM.png

2, In this step, I don't know where used to upload certificate?

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 8.26.52 PM.png

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@trinhduc20 I'd suggest you go back to the start of the renewal process for your APNS certificate and select the "Download signed CSR from Jamf" option. That will prompt you at each step of the process.

trinhduc20
New Contributor II

Hi @sdagley,

I followed the document guide from the starting point, but when I got to "Sign CSR" step, I clicked on "Jamf account," and it seems that it brought me to the wrong place.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@trinhduc20 It sounds like you're using "Download CSR and sign later using Jamf Account" option, not "Download signed CSR from Jamf" as that path does not ask you to sign anything because it's already signed when it's downloaded.

trinhduc20
New Contributor II

I’m very new with Jamf Pro. How can i check that i signed or unsigned?

Just note that i used Jamf Now earlier and want to move to try Jamf Pro with more advanced features.

trinhduc20
New Contributor II

Does anybody have any idea on this issue? 

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

Since you're new with Jamf Pro here is the complete steps which will give you the clear details of function.

Also you can go through this link- https://learn.jamf.com/en-US/bundle/jamf-now-documentation/page/Setting_Up_Apple_Push_Notification_S...

1. Log in to your Jamf Pro Server and click on "Settings" in the top right corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "Global Management" in the left sidebar.
  3. Click on "Apple Push Notification Service" in the top navigation bar.
  4. Click on "Upload" next to the "Push Certificate" section.
  5. Choose the push certificate file you created earlier and enter the password you used to export the certificate.
  6. Click on "Upload" to upload the push certificate to Jamf Pro.

After uploading the certificate, you should see a message indicating that the certificate was successfully uploaded. Your Jamf Pro Server is now authorized to send push notifications to your Apple devices.

Hey @Jaykrishna1 

The link you provided me lead me to Jamf Now, do you mean we get the cetificate from Jamf Now and upload in Jamf Pro?

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 2.36.26 PM.png

One more thing, you mentioned about names such as "Global Management", "Global Management" but I cannot see them on my interface, is it about different version?

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 2.37.50 PM.png

 Thanks,

No ignore that link and this the fresh link you can refer for Jamf pro 

https://docs.jamf.com/10.26.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Push_Certificates.html

Also you can explore many more articles related to this and others on Jamf learning HUB- https://learn.jamf.com/

And related to interface probably you are using the older version of Jamf Pro 

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

And related to your secound concern that "How you can check that signed or unsigned CSR?

Here is the steps.

1. Log in to your Jamf Pro Server and click on "Settings" in the top right corner of the screen.

2. Click on "Global Management" in the left sidebar.

3. Click on "Certificate Authorities" in the top navigation bar.

4. Click on the name of the certificate authority that you used to sign the CSR file.

5. If the CSR file was signed, you should see it listed under "Signed Requests" on the "Certificate Authority Details" page. If it was not signed, it will not appear in this section.

6. If you click on the name of the signed CSR, you can view the details of the signed certificate, including the expiration date and the common name.

If you don't see the signed CSR listed under "Signed Requests," it means that the CSR was not signed with the selected certificate authority or the signing process failed. You will need to sign the CSR file again with the correct certificate authority or troubleshoot any issues that may be preventing the signing process from completing successfully.

Regards,

Jay