Cannot Delete Duplicate Entries in JSS

dpalmer_autoeve
New Contributor III

7b44a005b63b4a6fb4871ba179d54ad6
We have a few systems in JSS that appear to be incomplete and duplicates. When attempting to delete the incompleteduplicate entry we get an error that states "The page you requested could not be found". What if any is the best way to delete these entries and are they using a license?c525ee7a76614754b390f713a388138a

I have searched here for an answer and did not find one specific to my issue.

2 REPLIES 2

m_donovan
Contributor III

I have seen the duplicate record issue in our environment. I believe it is caused by a security update that changes the UDID of the computer. I usually just delete the record that is not checking in and everything seems to return to normal. As far as a license that would depend if both records are managed. If they are then I would suspect that they both count as a licensed computer. I have not seen the error page you mention however. Have you tried to individually delete the record?

iMatthewCM
Contributor II
Contributor II

You could maybe try using the API to delete them, since we know the Serial Number.

curl -H "Accept: text/xml" -ksu username:password "https://myjss.com:8443/JSSResource/computers/serialnumber/C0XWQI7JW" -X DELETE

Please note, if you want to wind up with one of these machines still in your JSS, proceed with caution before running that command. Since the same serial number is showing up twice, I'm not rightly sure if it'll delete both of them, or just one. If you're able to get the JSS ID (which can be seen in the URL when looking at the record) then change the /serialnumber/C0XWQI7JW part of the command out for /id/X where X is the JSS ID from the URL.

As far as consuming a license (I presume you're talking about a Jamf Pro license), if it's managed then it is. But, if we can't get in to view the record, it's hard to say whether it's showing up as managed or not.