Cannot get JSSDatabaseUtil to backup the database since upgrading to Casper 9

bwcollins
New Contributor III

Every since I updated to Casper 9 every time I try to open the JSSDatabaseUtil file I get the following error: "Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.ERROR 2013 (HY000):Lost connection to the Mysql server at 'initial communications packet'

When I try to back up from the command line I get the following:JSS Database Utility 9.2
[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.
Error: Error: Unable to load settings file.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file. at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:246) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284) at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.JSSDBUtilitySettings.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.CLIViewController.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.JSSDBUtilitySettings.getScheduleSetting(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.CLIViewController.getScheduleSetting(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.JSSDBUtilityScheduler.loadCurrentSchedule(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.JSSDBUtilityScheduler.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.CLIViewController.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.Main.main(Unknown Source)
netboot2:~ admin$

Current Version is 9.2 The interface will not let me view the database status either which I find troubling.

6 REPLIES 6

justinrummel
Contributor III

I see "netboot2" as the prompt. IS this on a Linux install? What version of MySQL is this installed?

bwcollins
New Contributor III

No this is a mac install on 10.8 server that just happened to be the box that I was previously using for net boot.

rcorbin
Contributor II

I'm having similar issues. I get the error: "Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.ERROR 2013 (HY000):Lost connection to the Mysql server at 'initial communications packet'

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

We had this issue initially. Removing Java and then reinstalling (I had to go back to 5.5 from 5.6) solved the issue.

isradame
Contributor

@rcorbin Im currently having the same issue with Mysql 5.7.18 and JSS 9.98. Where you able to solve it?

rcorbin
Contributor II

@isradame That post is from 3 years ago. I'm not sure I remember what the solution was at the time. I think it was an issue with MySQL 5.6 and we had to add a couple of things into the my.cnf file to get around it. But we are currently running the same versions as you are with nothing extra in the my.cnf file and all is working fine. Have you talked to your Jamf Buddy ?