Cant send to email when email is created from profile

jrobb
New Contributor

I am seeing a new strange issue on iOS. We have an email configuration profile set up on our devices. Sometime between last year and this (and possibly because of iOS 9) the option to send a document via mail from pages or some other app is no longer appearing in iOS. If I create a mail account manually on the device it works and the option is there but if the account is made through a profile it doesnt.

There arent many options in the email payloads so its hard to imagine that it could be just set up wrong. It feels instead like a security feature in iOS. has anyone experienced this or know of a workaround?

2 REPLIES 2

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @jrobb ,

This is an issue that we’re currently aware of, and we are seeing the same behavior when using Exchange profiles made in Profile Manager as well.

The Apple RADAR ID is 22677010.

Our internal defect for tracking cases is filed as D-010090 if you’d like to contact your Technical Account Manager to get a case attached. The workaround we've found is to manually add the Exchange account in iOS Settings.

If you have additional questions, please get in touch with your TAM either by giving them a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

jrobb
New Contributor

Thanks, good to know that people are onto it.