Capture One Pro 10 activation issue

cwood
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, I am in need of some help.

We are using PhaseOne's - Capture One Pro 10 and I am having an issue with the licence/activation of this software. When sending the package out Capture One installs but asks for activation, this is happening even though when packaging the software I activate it and make the package using Composer. I have manually installed Capture One and licensed this software using an Admin account but when logging into another account (network/local) it asks for activation again. I then log back into the Admin account and run the software again but it asks for activation on this account even though I have activated and run it previous to logging out.

Any help would be much appreciated as I cannot seem to work this out.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cwood
New Contributor II

@rderewianko I looked through this thread before and it didn't help on this occasion.

I have since fixed this issue after having a conversation with PhaseOne. The reply I had from PhaseOne:- Chris, The user account you use when activating should be a default machine admin account local to that machine and located in the default /Users/ Path directly on the HDD. There also needs to be a "Shared" user account, this is also a default account and users and admin need to have full access to the shared account. Kind Regards, Phase One Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

I assume some of it's related to this:
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/13386/capture-one-8-issue-capturing-license-key

Also, i'd suggest taking a look at the permissions on the plist it creates to utilize licensing, sounds like the packaged one installs a plist, and the software's unable to write to that file.

cwood
New Contributor II

@rderewianko I looked through this thread before and it didn't help on this occasion.

I have since fixed this issue after having a conversation with PhaseOne. The reply I had from PhaseOne:- Chris, The user account you use when activating should be a default machine admin account local to that machine and located in the default /Users/ Path directly on the HDD. There also needs to be a "Shared" user account, this is also a default account and users and admin need to have full access to the shared account. Kind Regards, Phase One Support