Caspar quickadd.pkg installation on OS X El Capitan

geo_ak2
New Contributor

Hey there,

we an environment working with casper suite and I am trying to add a mac with OS X El Capitan 10.11.1...trying to install quick add.pkg via terminal I get the following error message:

*:~ support$ sudo installer -pkg QuickAdd.pkg/ -tgt / -verboseR
Password:
installer: Package name is QuickAdd
installer: Installing at base path /
installer:PHASE:Installation vorbereiten …
2016-03-08 15:48:06.913 installer[1459:50326] Package /Users/support/Desktop/QuickAdd.pkg uses a deprecated pre-10.2 format (or uses a newer format but is invalid).
installer: The install failed (Das Installationsprogramm hat keine Software zum Installieren gefunden.)

I am very new to the casper suite topic. Has anybody any experiences with adding OS X 10.11.1 systems ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

André

6 REPLIES 6

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

What version of Casper are you using?

geo_ak2
New Contributor

The version I used to create quickadd package is 9.65 !

Thanks.

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

You'll have to upgrade Casper to 9.81 or higher in order to manage or enroll 10.11.x machines.

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@geo_ak2

I am also on 9.65 and install the quickadd as part of my build for 10.11.3. I have had no problems. I am out of the office today. but will try via command line when I return

Larry

geo_ak2
New Contributor

@bvrooman I thought so !

@LSinNY Thank you very much, maybe this would help.

strider_knh
Contributor II

A quick word of warning.

With Recon 9.82 there seems to be a bug with the account that the quickadd package creates. If the quickadd package set to create a management account on a station that does not already have that account then that account may not be created as an admin account but instead as a standard account.

At least this is what I have found during my testing. I actually discovered it doing my CCT training, perplexed my trainer as well.